This service is available for anyone registered with a GP in Somerset.
It is for the assessment and treatment of recently occurring eye problems (i.e. within the last 2-3 weeks). You do not need to be referred by a GP - you can access this service directly.
Problems that can be dealt with by the ACES scheme include:
- A sudden or recent reduction in vision in one or both eyes
- Red eye(s) or eyelids
- Pain and/or discomfort in the eyes, around the eye area or temples
- Recent onset or sudden increase of flashes and/or floaters in one or both eyes
- Mild trauma, for example a scratch to the outer surface of the eye(s) or lid(s)
- Suspected foreign body in the eye
- Recent onset of double vision
- Significant recent discharge from or watering from the eye.
Please ring in advance as specific appointments are made available as required. For more information please click here.