Salaried GP or 6 month Maternity Locum
Joining Milborne Port Surgery was "the best work related decision I've made" - Current retainee GP
Come to Milborne Port Surgery: an attractive, spacious practice in a pretty rural village. An exceptional practice with a lovely team, light, airy rooms, countryside views, and appreciative patients.
- The Dorset/Somerset border is a great area to live with excellent schools and easy transport connections to London and the beautiful Jurassic Coast.
- Blend the best of modern and traditional general practice, giving excellent patient access and the ability to consult the way you would wish to.
- Allocate yourself the appropriate amount of time for the patient's condition: Our system works well, combining good access with quality care, continuity, and sensible timings.
We are looking for a candidate who fits in well with the ethos of the practice. Our priorities are quality of working life, great patient care, work-life balance, and teamwork. We are a training practice and encourage the development of special interests. We pride ourselves on our very high patient satisfaction scores and continuity of care. We look after each other.
- General practice in Milborne Port is enhanced by health coaches and a complex care team, who work with us to make great care easier to deliver.
- Our weekly MDT "huddles" are a chance to share challenges and successes and get practical help with tricky cases.
- Daily mid-morning coffee breaks allow time to catch up with colleagues
- Support from our wider team means GP home visits are relatively few and time-consuming tasks such as interactions with other providers are largely taken care of by non-GP members of the team, allowing you to focus on patient care.
We have a full range of multidisciplinary professionals (including nurse practitioners, nursing team, prescribing pharmacist, musculoskeletal practitioner, community psychiatric nurse and health coaches). We currently have 7,100 patients, 4 partners, one salaried GP, one retainer GP and one GP trainee.
- We operate a modern, flexible appointment system using EMIS Web, supported by the AskMyGP online consulting system. These systems are easy to learn and no prior experience is necessary.
Five sessions per week vacancy (with potential to offer more) due to planned relocation of our current salaried GP. Applications welcome from newly-qualified and experienced GPs. A maternity locum is available if a shorter term post better suits your circumstances.
Take the next step in a fulfilling career: Please visit our NHS Jobs page or contact email@example.com or 01963 251191 to find out more. Informal visits welcome. Travel expenses paid by prior agreement.